Monday, September 7, 2009

An yet another birthday.....

Today I was thinking about Tim and all the excitement surrounding his life. Hmmmm. I was just enjoying  daydreaming about the pastoral landscape of the Peruvian border with Chile.We were stuck there once many years ago. It was dusk and I was sitting on the sum total of all our wordly possessions with 4 kids and a baby Tim.It was just us, our suitcases, and the sheep in a big field. We were just watching the sheep graze and the sun go down while it looked like all the people that could help us get across the border had gone home or were still on their usual extended government sponsored siesta.. It was an amazingly peaceful moment.
At a location somewhere back on the road, dad was busy bribing a lazy government official to give up Tim's birth certificate. A short time later, with the help of the Chilean border guards, we were all safely on our way into the interior of Chile with our blonde and blue eyed EX- Peruvian.
I did a quick little mental run down of just how many of those tense times we had with Tim (before and after birth). Just what is it with this kid? I think he mainly tries to peg all the blame on the Pina Colada  problem. Truth is, it is still going on.
Just when I was daydreaming about guarding my luggage and watching kids and sheep at dusk, Tim calls me and breaks the spell. I have a few minutes to wish him Happy Birthday before  I suddenly I lose contact. I try to call him but  there is no answer. 5 minutes later I get this call with a warbly voice I can barely understand. Well, somehow he was at this lake in Oklahoma and dropped his phone in the lake while we were talking- end of call. No worries. I at least could understand that he needed a new phone anyway.
So, in case anyone was wondering what to get Tim  for his birthday- I suggest a few different options- a bigger boat, a waterproof pager, a box of ziploc baggies for him to keep valuables in, dog training classes so Ed can learn Retriever skills and get busy retrieving, miniature bungee cords to attach to important things (a variety of colors so they blend in with his clothing).
And do I feel rotten. I haven't even done any shopping!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM! I LOVE YOU!
We all wish you were here....

1 comments:

Maya said...

when did his phone fall in the water? The girls tried to call him around 9:15pm. :(

Happy birthday Tim...love you!!