Friday, September 25, 2009

Broken toe

Well, I am finding out just how much can get done in extenuating circumstances. Since I had my toe mishap, I have been able to bike quite a few miles. I am not 100% sure if it is broken but all I have to relate to is the 2 times I broke my tail bone. IT hurts like that- just in a different location....
Anyway, I have been doing some swimming too. I just to experiment with just how to place the foot and still get somewhere.
 It is a bit embarassing to limp into the gym and hop on a bike and peddle away. I just look like nothing bothers me at all, pull out my book, and get started. Maybe I just feel like all the "perfect specimens in their designer exercise garb" are staring me down.  Just my imagination?
I just have to wear flip flops everywhere I go and it's beginning to look funny-  not just at the gym. I am thinking I need to invest in sequins or something and spruce up my foot gear. Someone suggested oversized steel tipped boots.
I am hear the nick names coming on now.
I can pretty much do everything, just very slow and carefully. What angers me though is when my clumsey Golden  Retrievercomes barreling up to greet me and knocks me off balance and then the his partner in crime, Bella, grabs my flip flop and takes off. No way I can catch her  and to her it is all great fun. It's raining  around here now so I have a sloshing good time and feel like wringing a few necks.
I am beginning to hate stairs. I am brainstorming ways to over ride the need to go upstairs here.
Oh well, the puzzle of everyday life is just a lot of fun with all the new factors the Lord keeps passing my way. My life is never really boring.

0 comments: