Friday, February 26, 2010

Can you imagine?

Well, life is such fun and it's always good to have a laugh at yourself! Since I have been meeting with families and arranging for new homes for these wonderful Goldendoodles, I have found new and inventive ways to survive the ordeal of raising them as well as making the little guys look good. They are already such great little fur balls but I want to really add a lot of dash!
Well, everyone that comes always wants to meet the parents. That's fine. For the first people, I tried having Teri bring the parent dogs in on a leash but Lexi and Sedric weren't all that natural and a bit shy on a leash. I hatched a new plan. I would just open the door and then them come in on their own. It worked wonderfully and they were so well behaved and would come in and meet everyone (they were always so awed by them too) and they would play with their pups a bit and head back outside. That way, the people met the parents and were assured that the ball of fluff really was going to grow up to  be a good dog. I was proud of myself for the new idea and everything was going great. Sedric and Lexi were impressive. Soon  all the puppies from the first litter were spoken for and Bella' and Wellington's litter was my next project. There are only 2 weeks between to two and I had 8 more  cuties to find homes for.
SO, I got a call and invited the young couple to drop by and see the pups. The night before I had come down with a horrible cold so I had someone get me some cold tablets- mild so I wouldn't get goofy. I try so hard to be professional or at least as much as I can be.
Didn't work!
The next morning, the couple ( newlyweds) arrived and I had the puppies all brushed, perfumed and well fed. They were stellar and so cute in their little play area. The couple picked out their puppy. Then, I asked if they would like to see the parents. I was feeling all smug as this was always the clincher. I opened the outside door to let in Lexi and Sedric and as always, they came in so politely and were so overwhelmingly good. Lexi even jumped in the play area and started nursing all the puppies and the scene looked so picture perfect. They are the ideal parents.
Then I realized something was horribly out of order. "Oops, I apologized- these are the wrong parents". Can I blame that awful cold medicine! My face turned beat red and then I just had to have a good laugh at myself. We ushered Sedric and Lexi out and the real mom was then brought in and introduced. Well, how goofy can I get?
The girl tried to help me "save face". "well, she said, you can really see that all your dogs have wonderful temperaments.- that's great. They are all so good with each other". Well, that's true but how could I make such a big mistake! At least I can keep everyone laughing and feeling good about themselves that they don't do such things! Just wait....

Well, the newlyweds were in love and can you guess which pup they took home? Why Romeo of course.

0 comments: