Wednesday, June 24, 2009

summer vacation

It seems like everyone is working on summer vacation and not writing much- especially me. After visiting Californina, Texas just swallowed me up and I haven't really come up for air. I finally just took a little "me" time yesterday and ended up working on getting a much needed pair of glasses. I met such nice people in the process and had a great day, only to return home to a very sick daughter. Rarely sick, she actually has a fever. She isn't too sick however to borrow my computer. Hmmmm.....back to summer school.
By the way- I do want to mention how happy I have been with Teaching Textbooks ($180.00). It was an expensive investment but well worth it. It is such an answer to Algebra headaches. Has anyone else tried it? Teresa is about 2/3 of the way through the course. It is such an improvement on my struggles through Algebra in high school. I would get lost and then felt like I was flattened by a steamroller. This way, the student can work on it at their own pace and until they really GET it. My 2 years in Algebra class (at YC High. otherwise known as the the "Home of the Honkers") were such a waste. UGH! I just wanted Teresa to have a good experience with Algebra.
How long ago was that? Those nightmarish Algebra days of mine were endured some 45 years ago. I had such stress with Algebra that I had to take JUDO classes to counter the effects. Now, it seems a bit crazy to start adding up the years like this. It begins to sound like ancient history. Boorish.

0 comments: