Friday, January 30, 2009

Wanted- good snow shoes-Cheap!

I was asked recently, what I would like to do if I could go somewhere for a week. I didn't have to even have to think a second about that....to visit Joplin! And of course, that includes all the inhabitants of their snowy enclave. I got out my calendar and thick red pen and started figuring out all the details. First, to De-tail my puppy operation. Well, actually to just get their little tails out the door and on to their new homes. That looks like it's working out fine. Goodbye doodles! Boo Hoodles!
Then, I need to clear out under my bed so I don't get embarrassed by all the junk I store underneath. I may discover lost treasures.That is just in case someone has the courage to peek. We'll be having visitors in our absence. I really should stop being messy after all these years.
Then, I have to pack the car with lots of blankets, thermos jugs, foot warmers, flares (in case we get lost in a blizzard), ear muffs, nose warmers, toe socks and energy bars and toothpaste! Not to forget battery operated radios, a supply of cell phones and a GPS system.
The last time I was lost in the wilderness, we were in the Oil crisis of 74 and it was so snowy and cold. We were somewhere in the Swedish wastelands Our little car had it's extra gas jugs wedged in the back seat and we were really lost in a blizzard, stuck in snow and trudging through the night to find help. Our little VW just refused to stay on the roads. It either resorted to breaking down or heading for the nearest snow bank. We couldn't really see the roads anyhow.
Well anyway. That is our plan for now. If it was only spring!
I can't wait to see the grand kids!

0 comments: