Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Drenched Computer


I called my mom today and she told me how she had been using her laptop and it was seeming a bit hot. It looked to her like it was stuck on a picture and overheating so she picked it up and was afraid to lay it down on anything so she placed it in the dry bathtub to cool down on a safe surface. Well, you have probably guessed what happened.
My dad is a hard worker and keeps a big garden going there in sunny California. I imagine he just got in a bit of a hurry to get his shower done after a days work and didn't notice the computer. He turned on the shower. The common consensus is that it might not have survived the cool down treatment.
I felt so bad, I had tried to help her a bit with her computer when I was out there as she loves to have that window to the world and her family (like us!). My parents seemed to enjoy discovering the things they had access to on YouTube. My dad can't read much nowdays but he has some authors he definitely enjoys. He must have a bit of doctor in him as he enjoys anything about medicine. As a kid, I was quite impressed when we had a chicken that had it's craw completely torn open by dogs and my dad pulled out a needle and thread patched it up. If I remember right, the chicken just got up and walked away like nothing happened.
When I was there in California last November, I sat my dad down and after I chased away all the dachshunds that jump on his lap at every opportunity, showed him YouTube. He was able to see how to get some of his favorite stuff there. Josh Groban's Christmas Carols were also a hit.

My dad also has a garden that emotes personality and life and is a feast for the eyes. I spent hours taking photos just to document that for myself and so they could show their treasure off to everyone else too. I had just put a few on my mom's computer and had big plans for a slide show. Anyway, I know the computer was a big loss for so many reasons.
Well, we need to pray for a new computer for her......soon

1 comments:

Maya said...

Poor Grandma... did she have warranty on it? Or is it destroyed?