Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My brother Mike

Mike came in last night from Yuba City. It is always a pleasure to meet him again as he is such a positive fellow. We went to a restaurant  owned by the World Champion wrestler from years ago. I don't think I have ever eaten such good food.
My brother Mike is such an an encouragement in so many ways but I respect him so much for taking his troubles and making something out of his life. He was the youngest of 5 kids and as all babies that fall into last place, I remember him as being a bit pampered but having a great personality. I left home at 15 and he is 10 years younger than me so I didn't know him all that well.
During my visit home a while back, Mike told me about his High School experience. He never finished his Sophomore year as they booted him out of  High school and sent him to this Alternative  High school. He didn't make it there either. He said he just wasn't cut out to be a student. My dad took him under his wing and he just started going to work with my dad. It was his key. Mike now says he got his education from talk radio ( which my dad always listens to non stop). That had to be a Major in Civics! He learned all his Math on the "go". You can't do" flooring" without a lot of Math. He says he has a degree in SCS (school of common sense). He has become quite a successful businessman in his field and was in Houston for a conference. It is amazing the path the Lord took him on to be able to do the job that he loves. At the conferences, he says some of the meetings are actually like College courses anyhow.
 His current schedule sounds a lot like mine, even the 5:30 thing. He has Boxers so we vary on that point.
Well, I had better get back to Lexi. I am playing the part of a Midwife today and there are 7 little Goldendoodles now. They are cream and light Golden. and so squeaky.  She is doing great and always such a good mom.

0 comments: