Friday, December 4, 2009

Houston freezes!

We had our annual Christmas Party last night and I was thinking snow since it snowed all during our party last year. It held off but today it is delightfully snowing outside and the afternoon will bring more of those falling flakes our way. I was out early this morning, intense in my efforts to turn the garage into a jungle. There is hardly walking room as my papaya trees take up a lot of space. It really is a wonderful effect. Jurrastic gardens! Instead of dinosaurs leaping out, it's dogs and raccoons.
It took my 2 hours of braving the pelting sleet to rescue all the plants. I ran outside in my PJ's amd flip flops so sbesides giving a show to the neighbors, I will probably come down with with a  case of "Freezing Piggies Illness" My toes are glistening pink and I feel like squealing.
The Party went great.It was a touch of Italy as the place was a Tuscan Villa. It was so beautiful and the rooms so big! We were in the Chandiler Ballroom and thankfully the chandelier was attached firmly. It was so huge and so much wrought iron. Think Zorro! I can imagine that Chandelier in a Spanish Castle.
We only had a week to plan so considering that, it was an amazing feat! 125 people came and so many people lent a hand to make it special, from singing, slides of the Prophet Bus, caroling and really great food and fellowship!. We had a presentation for the new Foundation Stones graduates and a kick off  for the new ones. Russell, a homeless man came with Noe' and he won everyone's heart. Someone asked him how he enjoyed the program and he said he didn't see much as he kept cleaning, serving and being an all around blessing. He said he just really enjoyed the hugs and kisses. He was practically a one man show in the kitchen.
Valorie shared an touching story about when she was in a coma and how everyone stood by her. She exaggerated a bit by saying Jeff came and covered her in Activated mags and then she awoke. Actually I think he basically covered the hospital in Activated mags as everyone must have gotten 2 or 3. She said she's wanted to thank everyone for so long. She looked great, thanks to Lolli- everyone's favorite hairdresser.
Zeb from Brazil had everyone dancing to his lively songs and everyone who wasn't was eating  a piece of Chrisy's famous cheese pies. They are quite a team! All in all, I think it was our best party ever.
It' s still snowing!

0 comments: