Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Funny thing happened on the way to the theater.....

Well, I was on my way to enjoy a night of theater downtown. We had some friends that were going to meet us for this new play. We often get tickets for the first showing of new plays at this one semi-ritzy theater downtown. We have a friend that works there.

Anyhow, I was supposed to meet my husband there as our friends were actually his invitees.
Downtown was very busy between last minute people dropping off their taxes at the mobile station and the TAX TEA PARTY! I had heard of it but I didn't realize it was at the plaza right in front of the theater. The play was delayed a bit as it was really hard to negotiate traffic and find parking and the placards were a real obstacle course. I was standing on the front steps of the theater, listening to the party and watching all the people, police horses and kids. A guy on a Harley kept circling with a gigantic flag. It all looked like great fun and I found my self drawn to it all and contemplating dumping the whole play idea.
Imagine this. At 7:30, the Tea Party people started a protest march and my eyes were glued to the second row of marchers. Well, I no longer had to wonder why my husband didn't appear to be joining me at the theater. He had found a greater cause! I think he would have been in the front row if he could. He was happily yelling with everyone else.
Well, I had to take care of of guests so I had to resist joining in on all the fun. Lo and behold, my tickets were the 2nd row. We were practically sitting on the Actors laps. By the time we got out, after the play, all the protesters....and Jeff....were gone.
It's all in an evening's events!

1 comments:

kiona said...

hi grandma this is kiona