Saturday, May 24, 2008

And yet.......another prayer come true!

I worked a few hours scrubbing this car before his arrival, waxed it and tried to help it put it's best wheel forward. I figured after looking at just dull green hummers and sand covered tanks for a few years, that this little car would be a sight for sore eyes. I was a bit proud of it as some of our friends had helped fix it up a bit mechanically and we'd gotten a new motor put in- no easy feat. I did the waxing in the waning light of dusk so I wasn't surprised that he spent 2 more hours cleaning it when he arrived. Oh well, so much for my detailing career. It wasn't exactly stellar. I'd best stick to dishes and poodles. I'm pretty good at that.

When we pulled in and he saw the banner, his comment was, a simple yellow ribbon would have been ok. The neighbors have enjoyed it. They always get an earful about my kids so Tim has been like a block project here. Everybody has been praying for him and pulling for him. He's our area medic.

1 comments:

Maya said...

I do like the banner