Saturday, May 24, 2008

Home again...

We took a quick trip to meet up with him in Longview, Texas. It took a few hours but time passed quickly and we were very good as I think every law enforcement person in East Texas was out and busy fundraising on the highways last night. We met up with him and James ( another medic going home in Dallas) and it was oh so nice to see him again. A sweet waitress at the Waffle House thought so too and gave him a big hug.
As we drove up to the house, he was a bit surprised to see the big banner on the front lawn, strung between our big pines. He didn't recognize himself in the cowboy hat. Thanks to Andro and the guys at the print shop.
Anyway....we are happy.
He drove from Fort Benning with James, another Medic that was heading home to Dallas. We just heard that after we picked up Tim in Longview, James had an accident with a truck. Thankfully he is safe but his car will need repairs. He did stop before and rested a few hours but still didn't see the truck.

One BIG thing I learned from Tim being in the Army is that soldiers are group of young people that really need our prayers. Altho' it has been very hard on me having him there in the Army, I do feel like God enlarged my selfish heart to include a lot more children.
When I stay awake at night praying for Tim, I have learned to enlarge that and pray for all those there I don't know. I've been around for a while. I will be 58 this November but one of the delights of my getting older is that I'm continually learning and not afraid to admit I don't know it all. It opens a whole new world. Being a Child of God is a beautiful thing and it only keeps getting better!

0 comments: