Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey woes

Here it is so early in the morning and I need to get the turkey started. I am delaying, trying to find anything I can to get distracted. I never really know how to cook turkeys. At like this, I miss my son-in-law Tim. I don't know why they really had to move away to Joplin! No one cooks a turkey quite as good as Tim (he is a bit proud about this fact however) and at the risk of him becoming even more proud, he is the best cook I know. Now, no comments about me being the worst cook he knows!
Thanksgiving really isn't the same around here now days- especially the turkey. It is just sitting here on my counter at 5am, still half frozen and looking a bit pathetic. I thought a lot about just boiling it and when I mentioned that, Mike and Michelle got on the phone, desperately trying to find another place to go for Thanksgiving. I really think it was just an excuse to fly the coop though.
Oh well, one comfort I have is that my little Bostons, and of course Ziggy- all just love my cooking and make me feel like a 5 star chef. Maybe I will just boil this turkey and serve them the whole bird and go find another place to spend Thanksgiving myself. Anywhere else.......here I come!

1 comments:

Timothy Andres said...

haha mom that's funny.. Well maybe you should have gone to Khalid and gotten one of his smoked ones. Those were really good.

Anyhow next year we'll have one one way or another.. Hopefully by then I'll even have my own place.. I'll bring the vegies, and maybe a turkey.. Just don't count on me bringing pies. :D

Oh yeah now i remember last thanksgiving.. I was with your bro creig. And we microwaved the ham I brought.. LOL it was funny that no-one knew how to cook.. Well x-cept for creigs wife's mother..

Maybe I'll give him a call today. And Grandma 2..