Saturday, July 25, 2009

How busy is too busy?

How can we fight forgetfulness?

Our days have been so full here that we both didn't even remember our wedding anniversary until 5 days later and....it wasn't even me that remembered! That's getting pretty bad I suppose. Well, w e have not celebrated yet but the date was July 15th and we were married in 1973 so I guess that makes us dinosaurs.
The funny thing was that I was busy that week working on organizing a birthday party for someone else( in my spare time that is). The good news is that went very well. We had James at the barbecue pit with Ka bobs of 3 different meats. Amber made a Mediterranean salad and Arabic rice. My addition was spiced up eggs, dips and "all the shopping" That had to count for something. Then we had Kelsie make the cake. As we were all big cake eaters, Lolli ( the life of the party) showed up with a Strawberry cake and we all convened to the yard for a hilarious fun feast that I am sure was quite an entertainment for the neighbors- especially since Teresa decorated the yard with Christmas lights and Texas red chile lights.
Guess whose birthday...yes it was our Uncle Mark, who faithfully begins reminding us of his birthday the day after Christmas. How old you ask? Well, let it be enough to say that he is younger than I am and wasn't around for when Seabiscuit won the triple crown and Shirley Temple tap danced down the stairs with Mr Bojangles.

Anyway, that is all to say, I guess we were just having too much fun to realize we were passing by yet another personal milestone.

0 comments: